New Dancing With The Stars TV Ratings For Oct. 16th, Up A Notch From Last Week

How about some TV ratings?! ABC MediaNet is reporting Dancing With The Stars is the 2nd most watched show this past Monday night, Oct. 14th. Here is more….

“Dancing with the Stars” (8:00-10:00 p.m. – 12.8 million and 2.1/5 in AD18-49)

ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” once again ranked as the 2nd-most-watched entertainment show on Monday to NBC’s “The Voice,” and in its time period outdrew CBS’ 2-hour comedy block by 4.9 million viewers (7.9 million) and Fox’s dramas by 5.5 million viewers (7.3 million). Christina Milian was the fourth celebrity dancer to be eliminated from the competition this season.

•“Dancing” was up 5% week to week (2.0/5 on 10/7/13) among Adults 18-49 to a 3-week high.On average, ABC’s “DWTS” is up over the same point last season by 4% in Total Viewers and by 9% in Adults 18-49.

Below are the overall Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen’s TV Ratings for Oct. 7th-13th. Note how ‘Dancing With The Stars’ placed 9th which is up a notch from the week before which I think is fantastic:

1. NFL Football: Washington vs. Dallas, NBC, 22.07 million.

2. “NCIS,” CBS, 18.33 million.

3. “The Big Bang Theory,” CBS, 17.64 million.

4. “The Walking Dead,” AMC, 16.11 million.

5. “Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick,” NBC, 16.02 million.

6. “NCIS: Los Angeles,” CBS, 14.84 million.

7. “The Voice” (Monday), NBC, 14.64 million.

8. “The OT,” Fox, 14.11 million.

9. “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC, 13 million.

10. “Football Night in America,” NBC, 11.78 million.

11. “The Millers,” CBS, 11.73 million.

12. “Person of Interest,” CBS, 11.65 million.

13. NFL Football: N.Y. Jets vs. Atlanta, ESPN, 11.45 million.

14. “Blacklist,” NBC, 11.18 million.

15. “Criminal Minds,” CBS, 10.98 million.

16. American League Championship Series: Detroit vs. Boston, Game 2, Fox, 10.89 million.

17. “Modern Family,” ABC, 10.64 million.

18. “60 Minutes,” CBS, 10.62 million.

19. “Blue Bloods,” CBS, 10.56 million.

20. “Castle,” ABC, 10.51 million.

source: Star Tribune

Let’s see what Heidi thinks. She is our TV Ratings expert…

Heidi: Well, keep in mind that I haven’t actually been paying attention this season and studying current numbers compared to those in the past. But, 5% is 5% and that is good. Up is up, and that is good. It’s moving in the right direction. For a show that has always sucked in the demo but that has always been a Top 10, and is now in it’s 17th season, that’s pretty damn good. After all, it’s all relative. And if one person comes in here and says “But it’s the Demo that’s important” like we didn’t know that, I will block your ass. :-)