PureDWTS Predictions: Occupation Breakdown
Another category that is used when predicting scores and figuring out eliminations. Unfortunately as time goes on there are a lot of crossover with some of the celebrities like David Hasselhoff dappling in singing or Drew Lachey and Nicole Scherzinger dipping their toes in hosting. As thus I tend to categorize celebrities by the occupation they are most known for… thus Drew Lachey and Nicole Scherzinger were both a part of singing groups and as thus David Hasselhoff was known as an actor first.
Since one of my co-bloggers (Courtney) has categorized celebrities as well, I have tried to align my occupational breakdown as close as possible to her categories to keep things as consistent as possible on Pure Dancing with the Stars. In fact she calls what she does as “Typecasting” and provides examples of past celebrities that fit a particular mold out of the gate.
– Dancing with the Stars Season 10 Typecasting Part I and Part II
– Dancing with the Stars Season 11 Typecasting Part I and Part II
– Dancing with the Stars Season 12 Typecasting Part I and Part II
– Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Typecasting Part I and Part II
– Dancing with the Stars Season 14 Typecasting Part I and Part II
What I ended up doing was that I took her original “typecasting” categories and broke some of them down even more for data sake. Prime examples:
– Courtney’s Athletes Typecasting category pulls the NFL and NBA players into the fold whileas I break them out into their own separate categories.
– Courtney’s Actor Typecast category keeps the soap opera stars separate but I separate the male from the females
– Courtney’s Teen Idol Typecast category is not included in my categories, instead I opted to break those down to the other categories that may exist and those that were a part of a singing group or a band are clumped together. I also took anyone that is a blatant tie-in to a Disney show or television movie and gave them their own category.
– Courtney’s “Legend” Typecast category has been eliminated because the majority of the legends have primary occupations elsewhere and most legends have been around for quite sometime which would be a part of some of the “elder” age groups.
So below is the final breakdown of occupations that I used as well as a few celebrities to give an idea of who I would categorize as what.
|OVERALL RANK||OCCUPATION||DESCRIPTION / CELEBRITY EXAMPLE|
|Rank: 1st||NFL||Warren Sapp, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, Jason Taylor, Lawrence Taylor, Chad Ochocinco, Kurt Warner, Hines Ward|
|Rank: 2nd||Olympian||Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson, Apolo Ohno, Natalie Coughlin, Misty May-Treanor, Maurice Greene, Louie Vito, Evan Lysacek, Hope Solo|
|Rank: 3rd||Band Member||Joey McIntyre, Lance Bass, Mel B., Joey Fatone, Drew Lachey|
|Rank: 4th||Disney||Cody Linley, Sabrina Bryan, Kyle Massey, Chelsea Kane|
|Rank: 5th||Soap Opera Star||Kelly Monaco, Cameron Mathison, Lisa Rinna, Susan Lucci, Aiden Turner, JR Martinez|
|Rank: 6th||Actor||John O’Hurley, Steve Guttenburg, John Ratzenberger, Ted McGinley, David Hasselhoff, Ralph Macchio, David Arquette|
|Rank: 7th||Singer||Mya, Billy Ray Cyrus, Mario, Belinda Carlisle, Master P, Chuck Wicks, Sara Evans, Willa Ford, Monique Coleman, Toni Braxton, Macy Gray, Nicole Scherzinger, Chynna Phillips, Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Wayne Newton|
|Rank: 8th||Actress||Melissa Joan Hart, Debi Mazar, Denise Richards, Shannon Elizabeth, Jennie Garth, Vivica Fox, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Shannen Doherty, Jennifer Grey, Kirstie Alley, Tia Carrere, Elisabetta Canalis, Pam Anderson|
|Rank: 9th||Athlete||Chuck Liddell, Helio Castroneves, Ty Murray, Monica Seles, Chris Jericho, Laila Ali, Floyd Mayweather Jr|
|Rank: 10th||Host||Jerry Springer, Brooke Burke, Leeza Gibbons, Mario Lopez, Kenny Mayne, Lisa Rinna, Tucker Carlson, Mark Dacascos, Rocco DiSpirito, Erin Andrews, Wendy Williams, Mike Catherwood, Carson Kressley, Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake|
|Rank: 11th||Reality TV Star||Kim Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, Melissa Rycroft, Steve-O, Holly Madison, Trista Sutter, Shanna Moakler, Kate Gosselin, Jake Pavelka, Audrina Patridge, The Situation, Rob Kardashian, Kristin Cavallari|
|Rank: 12th||Other||Heather Mills, Tom DeLay, Mark Cuban, Steve Wozniak, Priscilla Presley, Buzz Aldrin, Bristol Palin, Chaz Bono|
|Rank: 13th||NBA||Rick Fox, Ron Artest, Clyde Drexler|
|Rank: 14th||Model||Rachel Hunter, Shanna Moakler, Paulina Porizkova, Shandi Finnessey, Josie Maran, Albert Reed, Brooke Burke, Holly Madison, Kathy Ireland, Joanna Krupa, Petra Nemcova, Kendra Wilkinson|
|Rank: 15th||Comedian||Penn Jillette, Jeff Ross, Adam Carolla, David Allen Grier, Ashley Hamilton, Niecy Nash, Margaret Cho|
Based on the above breakdown it would appear that athletes from the NFL and Olympians take the cake with various teen idols coming in close. Whileas: comedians, models, NBA players tend to struggle a bit on the show. Knowing all this it is rather curious to find out how the Top Three in each of the past fourteen seasons have fared on Dancing with the Stars.
At the top half of the table I will provide a First, Second and Third Place breakdown for those occupations that have been in the Top Three. As for those that have not made the top three they will be followed in the bottom half of the table with just a total number of celebrities that have graced the show.
|Soap Opera Star|
|Reality TV Star|
|OCCUPATIONS THAT HAVE NOT PLACE IN TOP THREE|
Finally let’s look at the breakdown of each individual season by occupation.
SEASONS 1 THROUGH 16
|Reality TV Star|
|Soap Opera Star|