In November we reported about Maks helping to raise awareness for Cost Plus World Market’s ‘Share the Joy’ Campaign at the Los Angeles Children’s Hospital. He signed autographs and posed for pictures with fans who donated toys and books which you can view at the first link. Below is some video coverage as well. Really cute…especially the little girl towards the end who hides and ends up doing a little dance for Maks!!
Today, Nancy Grace was a guest host on The Talk. They discuss some of the hot topics in the news recently. The girls also try to convince Nancy to dance, but, she makes excuses for how she can’t…not without the right shoes and Tristan who she says is in Ireland. But, guess what? The ladies provide Nancy with some dance shoes, the dance floor, the music, and Tristan MacManus pops in to save the day! Nancy changes her mind and she and Tristan dance. LOL You can view the episode in full at The Talk website. Tristan appears in the fourth segment if you want to fast forward to it. Too cute!!!
Picture above from Nancy’s twitter!!
The Dancing With The Stars Make-up Team has released 50 new “behind the scenes” photos again…this time from weeks 9 & 10! Below is a fun group shot of Sharna, Teddy, Kiki, Val, Lacey, and Oksana. You can view lots more here.
Gorgeous!!! The make up crew comes through again in helping our Dancing With The Stars withdrawals.
Ok Dancettes! Time for your first questionnaire after the wrap up of Season 13!! If interested, answer each question below to the best of your ability and have fun!!!
1. If the show were to make room for Carson Kressley on the show in some way, where would you like to see him placed?
2. My five top dances on Dancing With The Stars Season 13 were __________________. (This can include the Pro and Troupe dances as well)
3. After you saw Tony and Chynna’s “Mission Impossible” finale dance, did you think the viewers made the right decision in letting them go early? How about Mark and Kristin’s finale dance? Did watching them change your mind on their early elimination?
4. From all the celebrity contestants on Dancing With The Stars 14 and if there was a Congeniality Award, which one celebrity deserved it the most? (name only one)
Bonus question: How are you filling your Monday and Tuesday nights now that Season 13 is over?
1. I’d want Carson to be a weekly fashion correspondent I think. I hope he dances in some new skits too in some way.
2. My top five dances from this last season in were; Derek and Ricki’s ‘Psycho’ dance, Val and Peta’s ‘Enchanted Melody’ dance (so beautiful!), Carson, Anna, and company’s ‘Vogue’ dance, Carson and Anna’s ‘Move Like Jagger’ dance, and Derek and Anna’s DaD. Honorable mention: Derek and Julianne’s Jive, Maks and Hope’s Quickstep
3. These finale dances didn’t change my mind any. Although Chynna, Tony, Mark, and Kristin were entertaining and it was good to see them again, they still went out at the right time in the competition I think. Chynna’s ballet moves were repetitive and they didn’t do anything different. Kristin’s legs were still a little messy.
4. Congeniality Award? CHAZ! What sealed it for me is when the entire cast would come to hug him after he was called safe each time. I don’t remember that ever happening before.
Bonus question: Monday night, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights going up in the area. Tuesday night’s TV slot has been replaced with GLEE and watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. Has this been an easy adjustment? No! lol
What’s J.R. Martinez been up to since winning the Dancing With The Stars Mirror Ball? Has he missed his partner Karina Smirnoff, dancing, and rehearsing? Find out in this new interview on Access Hollywood where J.R. talks all about it. He brought his Mirror Ball for the interview as well which he hasn’t been seperated from since he won it. LOL! Note the mentions on Derek, his girlfriend, and what he says on his Mom as well.
The Dancing With The Stars Make-up Team has released some new photos from various shows from Season 13. Below are just a few photos of J.R., Karina, Peta, and Tristan. You can view more at their new Facebook album.
1.Forecasting the frontrunners. She predicts that J.R. Martinez will walk away with the Mirror Ball trophy this season, with Ricki Lake and Rob Kardashian not far behind.
The above quote was taken from Fitness Magazine from an interview with Anna. She made that winning prediction for Season 13 in October. As you can see she ended up being dead on with it. This got me thinking about our Dancing With The Stars early prediction posts before Season 13 started. Do you remember how you ranked the contestants before they started dancing and were you wrong, right, or close?
Some of you posted your thoughts in Marianya’s Prediction Stat Post while some posted their predictions in Courtney’s Part One and Part Two Preliminary Power Ranking posts. As you can see, Courtney and Marianya were pretty close for how the competition turned out. What’s interesting is Marianya was probably the only one from almost all of us who predicted Rob to do so well….and what’s more Marianya put him as high as 3rd place!
Heidi ended up being amazingly psychic as always when she predicted Kristin to “pull an Audrina” by exiting the competition early in Marianya’s Post. She predicted the same with Chynna. Heidi also predicted J.R. to win in her Part 2 Ringers Post.
Almost all of us chose Rob and Nancy to finish last. The majority felt pretty negative on those two. To our pleasant surprise, we ended up loving them. Rob and Nancy ended up showing other sides to themselves that we didn’t know about and staying in the competition more than many of us forecasted.
Anyway, take a look back at the links above if interested. It’s fun to see how close or far we came from the results and what we (the bloggers and fans) wrote. My early first prediction for the top five were David, JR, Ricki, Elisabetta, and Kristin…and well, we all know how that turned out. LOL!!
How would you like to receive praise by the Defense Secretary for winning Dancing With The Stars? That’s just what happened to J.R.! Details below from the Hollywood Reporter as well news on J.R. next projects.
Martinez received a note from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta congratulating him on his win, as reported by The Washington Post.
“Your strength and spirit captivated the nation, and your victory sends a strong message about the strength and resilience of our wounded warriors,” Leon Panetta wrote in his note.
Pentagon spokesman Douglas Wilson told The Washington Post that Panetta would like to personally speak with Martinez.
As a newly crowned Dancing champion, Martinez will keep busy in the coming months. He will co-host the pre-show of CNN’s Heroes: An All-Star Tribute on Dec. 11 and is also taking part in the news network’s CNN Heroes: Where Are They Now? special running this Thursday.
Martinez spoke to The Hollywood Reporter after his win on Tuesday night. He had plenty of praise for his professional partner, Karina Smirnoff. “I’m just so grateful that I was able to be part of the journey to help get her first mirror ball trophy. She deserves it. She should be in the elite category of people who’ve won on this show,” Martinez said.