A new cool promo….
TV Guide talked with Executive Producer Rob Wade about the new season of Dancing With The Stars. He has SIX teases for us. Let us know what you think in comments. Read on….
In addition to the weekly shows, there’s also a standalone 10th anniversary special in the works that will air as its own event sometime in May, according to Wade. But what can viewers expect from the 20th season? Extra behind-the-scenes rehearsal footage, for one thing, and possibly the return of results shows.
1. The return of results shows: Since switching to a single-night format in Season 17, Dancing has crammed its performances and eliminations into one two-hour block on Mondays. That will continue for the majority of Season 20, but Wade says it’s likely the Tuesday results show will be resurrected once the competition gets into the quarterfinals and semifinals, so that the audience can feel more of a sense of ownership over the results. “With the audience voting and the judges voting on the dance, and then seeing the result on the next night, I think you need the satisfaction of that influence,” Wade says. “So I’m hoping that we’ll get a couple results shows towards the end of the run.”
2. No guest judges: In addition to permanent judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Julianne Hough and Bruno Tonioli, Season 19 featured a rotating cast of fourth judges (including Kevin Hart and one of this season’s competitors, Redfoo) to fill in for Len Goodman, who was shuttling back and forth between the United States and England for Strictly Come Dancing. That won’t be the case this time around, according to Wade. “We’re not going to be doing guest judges this season, because we’ve got Len here the whole time,” Wade assures. (Goodman has said that Season 20 will be his last.)
3. Live-streamed rehearsals: If two hours a week of Dancing isn’t enough for you, this season, fans will get the opportunity to actually watch the pairs as they rehearse Tuesdays through Saturdays, via the show’s “All Access” page. It’s part of the show’s continued efforts to expand its digital footprint (see also: live Twitter polls during the episodes). “It just means you can check in with your favorite couples throughout the week,” Wade says. “We’re hoping to do three or four hours a day, every day throughout the season.” Check the weekly rehearsal schedule and stream here.
4. New theme nights: While Season 20 will see the return of many longstanding theme nights (Disney Night, Latin Night, America’s Choice), some new ones will also be thrown into the mix. “I think we want to do a Spring Break week,” Wade teases. “This is a spring season. This is really a countdown to the summer for people. I think subconsciously, viewers kind of realize that when we get to the final it’ll be a couple of days from Memorial Day and we’ll be back into summer.” Get your bathing suits ready!
5. More involvement from the judges: It’s Dancing with the Stars tradition for the judges to mentor the finalists, and Wade wants to take that a step further this season. Might we see the judges actually participating in some ofthe routines? “I wouldn’t rule anything out,” Wade says. “I’d love to try to involve them as much as we can in the storytelling of the show.”
6. Play at home! This season, Dancing will strive to educate viewers as well as entertain them. “This is, after all, a game,” Wade posits. “If you like, you can play at home.” To that end, producers and the judges will place more of an emphasis on what’s expected from a routine from a technical standpoint. “Actually informing people as to what the dances are and what they should look like and what the judges are looking for – all of those things are really important and we’re trying to push those in,” Wade explains.
To read the full article, see TV Guide.
Promo Poster In Times Square, Jammed Packed Media Starter On Eve Of Dancing With The Stars Season 20
One more day and counting until the premiere of Dancing With The Stars Season 20. Are you ready? It looks like Times Square in New York City is ready. Miss Heidi is currently in New York City to see Derek Hough in New York Spring Spectacular. She tweeted out the picture above yesterday morning. What a sight it must be and perfect promo for the show!
Speaking of Derek Hough in New York Spring Spectacular, you won’t want to miss reading and viewing all of our updates, photos, and reviews at Pure Derek Hough (and there is more coming today as we received two more blogs last night). Yesterday, Scarlett sent us six high resolution videos of Derek singing and more. They are off the hook. Here are just a few of them….
Also, Cidra found us a super detailed interview with Sharna Burgess and Noah Galloway at AL.com. Below is just a little take from the link of Noah talking about his new arm that he’s going to dance with. Sharna talks of how long it takes to become a “team”. Fascinating!
Q: Having a new arm sounds like it would be a significant adjustment, especially for intuitive movements when you’re dancing. Does it feel that way to you?
Galloway: It would make sense, because I’m not used to wearing one. But I’m not used to anything that’s going on on the dance floor. Tell me to juggle and it makes no difference, because all of it is new.
Q: Sharna, how long does it take to really become a team for “Dancing with the Stars”?
Burgess: It’s different for everybody. Sometimes it’s instantly, and you have that chemistry, and sometimes it’s a week. Sometimes it doesn’t happen. Sometimes the chemistry just doesn’t work, and we’ve seen that before.
I think in a very short space of time Noah and I have got to know each other. We make fun of each other all the time, and tease each other. We have a great trust there, as well, so we do have a great chemistry. We have a great relationship and friendship and partnership. It makes what happens in this (rehearsal) room a lot easier. I’ve treat him like a jungle gym. You’ve got to be able to trust each other to do that. And that’s amazing, because it’s only been, not even two weeks that we’ve been working with each other. This is just the beginning. That will only get stronger and stronger as the weeks go on.
Wow, and I’m not sure what happened in the rehearsal parking lot this weekend, but, it looks like things got pretty wild. See the Daily Mail to see what I mean. “Happy Pie Day” indeed! I like seeing Tony with pie in his face. Got Pap and Getty Images have some rehearsal parking lot coverage too. Everyone is in fine form!! Read more..
HQ Photos Of DWTS Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, And Julianne Hough On Extra, Helped To Close The New York Stock Exchange
What a honor this must have been. Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough closed the New York Stock Exchange today in celebration of Dancing With The Stars beginning on Monday! You can watch a video below. They also visited Extra. You can see some beautiful shots of them at Getty Images. Thanks to Carolyn and Lori for their help with this post.
Below is some fun footage of Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough on Live With Kelly And Michael. They discussed Dancing With The Stars. Note how Carrie Ann mentioned the involvement with the judges again and how there is going to be a “competition” among them. This is sounding more interesting by the minute. Lots more below.
Thanks to @IdolXfactor1 for recording this International version…
Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, Julianne Hough Promote New DWTS Season On Good Morning America (Video)
Today Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough were guests on Good Morning America. They discussed the new season of Dancing With The Stars. Carrie Ann said the key word for this season is “innovation”. There will be new and past things added including more involvement with the judges and the couples. Len is loving the new diverse cast. Julianne and the other judges said they can’t pick a front runner yet. Bruno can’t wait to see Charlotte McKinney do a samba. I won’t tell you why (LOL!). You’ll have to listen which you can do below in the Good Morning America coverage. Thanks to @IdolXFactor1 for recording. Stay tuned! We hope to have media for their Live With Kelly And Michael appearance as soon as we can as well.
Thanks to Codebear, here’s a video which will work for International viewing….
DWTS Carrie Ann Inaba, Julianne Hough, Bruno Tonioli, And Derek Hough To Be On LIVE With Kelly And Michael
Hey Dancettes! Just a reminder! Don’t forget to catch Judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Julianne Hough, and Brono Tonioli on “LIVE with Kelly and Michael” tomorrow (Friday). They plan to talk about the new season of Dancing With The Stars. Additionally, Wednesday, March 18th, Derek Hough visits “LIVE” to speak about the new Radio City Music Hall production “New York Spring Spectacular.” Be sure to catch both appearances. It’s going to be fun!
Dancing With The Stars Season 20 Judges To Be On LIVE With Kelly And Michael And More DWTS TV Heads Up
Just somes TV Heads Up to mark on your calendars:
-As previously reported, don’t miss seeing Derek and Julianne Hough on The Ellen Show on March 2nd. They plan to talk about their new tour. ETA: Julianne and Derek will also be on Good Morning America as well on Monday. They will be on AOL Build.com at 2:00pmET. Big press day and I bet tickets for their new tour will go on sale soon. Be ready!
-Dancing With The Stars Tom Bergeron will be on The Meredith Vieira Show on March 5th!!
-Also, Dancing With The Stars judges Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough are scheduled to be on “LIVE With Kelly And Michael” on March 13th just in time before the premiere!! Be sure to watch! Let’s hope they tell us more about how they are going the work with the contestants for the new season that Julianne recently mentioned in a new interview (I have always loved when they worked with the contestants in the past. Seeing more of that would be so cool).
And I’m back finally, with another Flashback Friday! I hadn’t meant to take as long a break as I did, but my dad died unexpectedly 10 days before Christmas (and just 2 months after we lost my mom!) so my final preparations for Christmas needed to wait. I had to stop and think where we left off! Here’s season 1 and season 2.
So here we go, on to season 3, the first one I watched. Not many changes this season, same 3 judges, same 2 hosts. They did expand the season to 10 weeks, however.
Another change is to the scoring system that they used, I am quoting from wiki here, and will ask Miss Heidi if this is how it’s done now?
For this season, the scoring system was changed. Fan vote only counted for 25% of the total score and scoring was now translated directly from percentages rather than into ordinals. The judges scores were added up, and each performer was given points based on the percentage of the total points distributed among all performers. (For example, a team received a score of 25. A total of 207 points were awarded to all nine performers. The team received 12.08% of that total, so that team earned 12.08 points. The couple happens to be Sara & Tony.) The fan vote was handled the same way, with the points based on how much of the total fan vote the star received. (So, in the same example, if the team earned 15% of the total fan vote, their grand total is 27.08 points.)[
Andrea Hale, Jonathan Roberts and Anna Trebunskaya did not compete as pros during this season. Elena Grinenko, Kym Johnson, Karina Smirnoff and Jesse DeSoto joined as new pros. Returning pros included Ashly DelGrosso, Nick Kosovich, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani, Louis Van Amstel, Edyta Sliwinska and Cheryl Burke.
TUCKER CARLSON AND ELENA GRINENKO came in 11th place, being eliminated on week 1 on September 13, 2006. They performed a cha cha cha, otherwise known as the Curse of the Chair dance, and received a score of 12.
SHANNA MOAKLER AND JESSE DE SOTO came in 10th place, being eliminated on week 2 on September 20, 2006. They peformed a foxtrot and a mambo. Honestly, I didn’t remember them at all, so I guess it’s not surprising that they went home early. To my very untrained eyes, I think their mambo was good, and seemed to have some good choreography, but it just isn’t memorable. Here’s their mambo, they received a score of 22. Read more..
Did you all have a Merry Christmas? It looks like the cast of Dancing With The Stars had a good one. Below are some instagrams from them all or their families. Each and everyone of them gave me an awww moment. See if they give you one too…