From what we can gather from Facebook and Twitter, below are some of the new professional dancers that are all part of the new “Dancing With The Stars Dance Troupe”. Elena Grinenko of Grinya’s Entertainment, retired and famed Russian World Champion Ballroom Dancer, is in charge of the new troupe. As reported earlier, the new dance troupe will be choreographing and performing demonstration dances every Tuesday night during the Results show. I’m really looking forward to seeing what this new dance troupe is all about, are you? Now to introduce some of the new dancers….
Kiki Nyemchek & Magda Fialek:
Oleksandr (Sasha) Altukhov and Oksana Dmytrenko:
And last but, not least Peta Murgatroyd who many of you are already familiar with. According to Peta, Damian Whitewood isn’t part of the dance troupe, but, will still be dancing in the pro numbers. Peta is also helping to choreograph the dance troupe according to her twitter.
As soon as we find out more on the new Dance Troupe and more of the dancers, we’ll be sure to let you know. Stop back here after Tuesday night’s show and let us know what you think. 😉
EDIT TO ADD: Thanks to PureDWTS reader Ryan, here is even more on the Dance Troupe from ABC.
Tomorrow, TUESDAY, MARCH 29 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the 12th season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show” (“Episode 1202A”), the first couple will be eliminated from the competition, an all-new pro dance troupe of six world renowned performers will make its debut, and top-selling recording artist Chris Brown will perform two numbers.
This week, an all-new troupe of six world-renowned, award-winning dancers joins the series for the first of several spectacular “Results Show” performances this season. On Tuesday, the troupe will perform an opening number alongside six “Dancing with the Stars” pros and do a second, stand alone routine choreographed by Jason Gilkison. The Season 12 “Dancing with the Stars” troupe is:
* Oksana Dmyrenko is a premiere performer in Ballroom and Latin dance around the world. Having studied in her home of Ukraine and around the world, she won the 2010 International World Masters Championship, placed 2nd in the 2009 U.S. National Championships, and was recently among the Top 30 of 500 of the world’s best couples in the prestigious Blackpool Dance Festival.
* Tristan MacMahon began dancing in his home of Dublin, Ireland before moving on to compete around Europe, eventually winning numerous Juvenile, Junior and Amateur competitions. After appearing in “Ella Enchanted,” he performed in theatre productions throughout Europe, including Bryan Flynn’s production of “Oliver!” and “Aladdin,” among others. He joined the U.K. tour of “Simply Ballroom” and, after a successful tour in London and Las Vegas, toured as a featured dancer with several successful shows in the U.S. After numerous world tours and a year teaching Ballroom and Latin dancing in the U.S., he returned to Europe to join the cast of “Dirty Dancing” as Dance Captain. He then went on to do a second stint on The West End stage in London
* Peta Murgatroyd was born in Auckland, New Zealand and raised in Perth, Western Australia. She studied Classical Ballet from age 4 and trained for 12 years under former principal dancer of the Kirov Ballet Madame Lubov Nikonorenko. After becoming the Australian State Champion within three months of beginning Ballroom training, she competed around the world, placing 2nd in the Great World City Championships, was a semi-finalist in the Lion City Championships in Singapore, a finalist in the Australian Open Championships, and placed 3rd in the world at the British Youth Latin Championships in Blackpool 2006. After achieving her lifelong goal of dancing on Broadway, she moved to the U.S. to pursue a career in film and television in Los Angeles.
* 19-year-old Christopher “Kiki” Nyemchek began Ballroom and Latin dancing at age 4. Along with his dance partners, he has represented the U.S. at the World Championships three times, and competed in Europe and Asia. Kiki danced at Junior Blackpool three times, placing 29th out of more than 400 couples. He is noted as one of the Top Under 21 Latin dancers in the U.S. and is a National Amateur Finalist.
* Nicole Volynets began Ballroom training at age 14 with coach Maksim Chmerkovskiy. With her brother Ted by her side, Nicole has traveled the world in competition, placing as a top three national finalist for seven consecutive years and in the top eight at the 2007 U.S. National DanceSport Challenge. She performed at The Wynn, Las Vegas and in Macau, China for the opening of The Wynn – Macau.
* Ted Volynets began Ballroom dancing at age 11, following in older sister Nicole’s footsteps. While training with coaches Maksim and Val Chmerkovkiy, he has traveled the world representing his country, placing Top 15 at the National DanceSport Championships 2010. His television credits include appearances on MTV’s “MADE” and “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.” Outside the studio, Ted is a senior at New York University, studying Economics.